Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Age no bar

Just got back from a wonderful Goan holiday with the family. With Appa (dad) there too it has been a pleasure as always to see him and the kids get along so fabulously. Seeing their mutual joy, its almost as if there is no age difference between them. And yet they are learning from each other all the while.

Walking, running or swimming through the waves can be one of the most exhilarating experiences. I realize that the oceans and the waves continue to exude the same feelings of amazement and wonder within me. Its interesting to observe that there is a pattern to a lot that is happening with the ocean (I may write about this some other time).

The holiday was immediately followed by memories of a momentous occasion - the day when the world at large, and my parents and near and dear ones in particular, welcomed the arrival of a great person. For such a momentous occasion, it seems like the day was spent in a relatively ordinary way with none of the customary celebrations that rock the neighbourhood. All the more reason to get into self-introspection mode.

It is good to be 35. 35, rather the 30s in general, feel good. And fun. And wholesome. It feels more mid-life than any other age (when Appa and I were talking yesterday, we realised I am almost half his age. Now his is a good age to have lived, especially considering he has atleast twice almost not made it till here) .

At 35, there is this much that''s been done and experienced, and there is that much that is yet to be explored. To be enjoyed. To be lived.

I don't know and wouldn't care to know what my lifespan is going to be. I just know that there is this one life I have. And I want to live it to the fullest that I can. I sure hope I'm not the one stopping myself from doing so.

No comments: